- Are you certified (in the country you are in not where the surgeon is from)?
- Do you have before and after photos I can look at for the
procedure, and are they your patients, do you have progress pictures
of these patients?
- Will you be at my post-op visits, or does someone else handle them?
- About how many breast augmentations do you perform every month?
- What is the most common complication you see in your patients?
- What percentage of your patients experience complications?
- What is your re-operation rate?
- What is the most common re-operation?
My Breast Implants:
- What brand and kind of implants do you recommend for me?
- Which placement (under or over muscle) do you recommend for me and why?
- Will I need a breast lift to achieve the result I’m looking for?
- Which incision do you think is best for me, and what are possible risks?
- How many cc’s do you suggest I get in order to reach the size I want?
- Do the breast implants you recommend for me come with a warranty? Will I need to purchase an extended warranty?
- If I need a revision surgery, what is your office policy regarding cost?
- Barring complication, how long can I expect my breast implants to last?
- Optional: If I have children, how will pregnancy and breastfeeding affect my implants and size? Will I be able to breastfeed after this surgery?
- Will the size I want cause my breasts to sag or other issues to arise in the future?
Surgery related questions:
- Do you perform breast augmentations in a hospital or office surgical suite?
- What kind of anaesthesia do you use, general or twilight?
- Do you work with a board-certified anaesthesiologist or a nurse anaesthetist?
- Do you prescribe anti-nausea pills or medications on the day of surgery?
- Which medications and supplements should I stop taking before surgery, and how far ahead should I stop taking them? When can I start taking them again?
- Are there any medications or supplements you want me to take in preparation for surgery?
- Will I need any testing done (including mammograms) before my surgery?
- Do I need to stop smoking?
Post op related questions:
- Does your office supply detailed post-op recovery instructions? When and how will I receive them?
- If I have a pressing question or emergency off-hours, how do I contact you?
- Can I email you any follow-up questions?
- Will I have dissolvable stitches, or will I need to have stitches taken out?
- How long should I plan to take off from work and/or personal responsibilities?
- How long will I have to wait to shower or bathe after my surgery?
- Optional: I have a baby, young child or small pet who weighs about ( ____ ) When will I be cleared to lift that much weight?
- When will I be able to drive again?
- When can I work out/be physically active? (Also: Don’t be shy to ask about sex!)
- When will I be given my breast implant 'Serial Number ID Card'?
- Do I need to purchase special bras or anything else for my post-op healing OR do you provide them?