Cosmetic surgery for Mothers Day? Yes please! Cosmetic procedures are no longer a taboo subject, and many people today are comfortable talking about having work done, in part because it is becoming more and more common. In the United States alone, the overall number of cosmetic surgery procedures has increased by more than 100 percent since 2000.
As cosmetic procedures continue increasing in popularity, it's only natural that men and women start getting creative with ways they can get—and give!—cosmetic surgery.
What Are People Asking For?
So, what’s underneath those trees? These are the cosmetic surgery procedures that people request for Christmas most often:
- Facial Rejuvenation: Facial fillers and rejuvenating treatments can take years off a person’s face and leave them looking refreshed for the new year. Injectables such as BOTOX ® Cosmetic and Dysport® can smooth away dynamic lines and wrinkles, while dermal fillers can restore lost volume to deeper lines like the nasolabial folds (laugh lines). Skin treatments like microdermabrasion and chemical peels can help treat complexion problems and dullness with little downtime.
- Breast Enhancement: Most commonly gifted by a spouse or romantic partner, breast implants are at the top of many holiday wish lists. Silicone is the most popular type of breast implant, but some women may find that saline implants or fat transfer breast augmentation are more suitable for them. Other popular gifting options for breast enhancement surgery include breast reduction and breast lifts. Breast reduction surgery creates a more proportionate look, while a breast lift can rejuvenate your bust line without the need for implants.
Most people take time off from work around Christmas, so it’s a perfect time to relax and recover from a cosmetic procedure.
- Liposuction: Coming in close behind facial med spa procedures and breast enhancement, liposuction is something a lot of people might want to ask Santa for this year. Body contouring procedures like lipo can help people get the figure they’ve always wanted, or to reclaim the one they used to have, by eliminating stubborn fat deposits that won't respond to diet or exercise. Lipo is ideal for targeting notorious problem spots like muffin tops or love handles, but remember that it's not a weight loss tool. The best lipo results are seen in men and women who are already at or close to their target weight.
- Tummy Tuck: During a tummy tuck, a cosmetic surgeon repairs separated abdominal muscles and removes the excess skin that can cause the stomach to look saggy. This extra skin can make people look bigger than they are, and getting rid of it can be the wonderful final step in someone’s weight loss journey, or provide an option to help women restore a slim waistline after completing their family. For people who want to slim and tone their midsection for the holidays, a combined tummy tuck and liposuction could be a great answer.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: When a shapelier behind is all you want for Christmas, the Brazilian butt lift can help. The Brazilian butt lift has evolved over the years, and has become a highly effective way to achieve your dream curves. It involves fat grafting from elsewhere on the body to add volume to the buttocks.
Do People Really Want to Get Cosmetic Surgery?
Are you thinking about gifting someone cosmetic surgery? Will your loved one be offended and assume you’re implying that they don’t already look attractive? Most likely, no. In the majority of cases, the recipient has already hinted (subtly or otherwise) that they’d like to have their procedure of choice. In fact, the gift of cosmetic surgery can easily start with the gift of a consultation for those who have mentioned wanting procedures but haven't quite gotten around to taking that next step.
Of course, if the person has never mentioned anything about wanting to have a cosmetic procedure, it might be best to stick with jewelry until you get a better idea of how they feel about it. Just like any gift, you only want to give presents that you're sure will be well-received.
Cosmetic surgery for Christmas is a gift that keeps on giving. The most important thing to consider before any cosmetic surgery, gifted or otherwise, is to choose a cosmetic surgeon who is skilled, qualified and experienced. Find someone who makes you and your loved one feel comfortable and confident from your very first visit, and you'll be sure to enjoy beautiful results as you enter the new year in style.
Guest post by - Dr. Gordon Andan
Wall Street Cosmetic Surgery
: 50 E 78th St #1b, New York, NY 10075, USA